FOSAMAX PILLS 70MG
FOSAMAX PILLS 70MG - 4tabs
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
1 tab. contains alendronate sodium 91.307 mg, excipients: microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous lactose, croscarmellose sodium, Magnesium stearate;
In the package 4 pcs.
Mechanism of action
FOSAMAX - an inhibitor of bone resorption in osteoporosis. Sodium alendronate refers to bisphosphonates - compounds that, localized in areas of active bone resorption, under osteoclasts, inhibit the process of bone tissue resorption caused by osteoclasts, without having a direct effect on the formation of new bone tissue. Since bone resorption and new bone formation are interrelated, bone formation also decreases, but to a lesser extent than resorption, which leads to a progressive increase in bone mass. During sodium treatment with alendronate, normal bone tissue is formed, into the matrix of which alendronate is inserted, remaining pharmacologically inactive. At therapeutic doses, alendronate does not cause osteomalacia.
Indications and usage
- treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women in order to prevent the development of fractures, incl. hip fractures and spinal compression fractures;
- prevention of osteoporosis in the presence of the risk of its development in postmenopausal women in order to reduce the likelihood of fractures;
- treatment of osteoporosis in men in order to prevent the occurrence of fractures;
- treatment and prevention of glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis in men and women;
- Treatment of Pedzhet's bone disease in men and women.
- esophageal diseases that slow down its emptying (for example, strictures or achalasia);
- the inability of the patient to remain upright for 30 minutes;
- renal failure severe (QC
- severe hypoparathyroidism;
- severe vitamin D deficiency;
- Calcium malabsorption;
- lactation period (breastfeeding);
- children's and teenage age up to 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to any component of FOSAMAX.
On the part of the digestive system: abdominal pain, dyspepsia, esophagus ulcer, dysphagia, flatulence, constipation, diarrhea, sour belching, nausea, distortion of taste, gastritis; rarely (1/10 000,