ARGOSULFAN CREAM 2% 15G
ARGOSULFAN CREAM 2% 15G
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Mechanism of action
- Antimicrobial drug for external use. Protects wounds from infection, shortens healing time. Sulfathiazole blocks the synthesis of folic acid in the microbial cell. Silver ion enhances the antimicrobial action of sulfathiazole, while at the same time weakening the allergenic properties of sulfonamide. The silver ion inhibits the growth and division of bacteria by binding to DNA.
Hydrophilic Cream Base Argosulfan provides local analgesic effect due to the presence of a large amount of water and the corresponding pH of the cream.
Sulfathiazole silver salt to a slight extent undergoes systemic absorption. Low solubility provides a constant concentration of the active substance in the wound and causes low toxicity.
Indications and usage
- burns of all degrees of any etiology (including radiation);
- purulent wounds;
- minor domestic injuries (cuts, abrasions);
- infected dermatitis (including simple contact dermatitis complicated by impetigo), microbial eczema, streptostaphyloderma;
- trophic ulcers of the lower leg of various origins (includingwith chronic venous insufficiency, obliterating endarteritis, angiopathies with diabetes mellitus, erysipelas).
A drug Argosulfan Apply with a sterile gauze tampon on the affected skin with a thin layer (2-3 mm thick). Applied both with fresh lesions, and when changing the dressing after pre-treatment of the wound, 1-2 times / day.
Perhaps the use of occlusive dressings.
If exudate appears as a result of applying the cream to infected wounds, wash the wound with an antiseptic before reapplying the cream.
Maybe: skin allergic reactions.
- congenital deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug and other sulfonamides.
The drug is not prescribed to premature babies and newborns (children under 2 months).
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
The use of Argosulfan during pregnancy is possible only in cases where the intended benefit to the mother exceeds the possible risk to the fetus (if the burn surface does not exceed 20% of the body surface).
Precautions should be prescribed to patients with impaired liver and / or kidney function, in a state of shock, with extensive burns.
On the background of long-term use on large areas of the skin should be considered the possibility of the development of leukopenia.
During the period of treatment it is necessary to monitor the level of sulfathiazole in the blood serum.
Currently, cases of overdose Argosulfan not reported.
It is not recommended to appoint simultaneously with other drugs for external use.
Folic acid and its structural analogues can reduce the antimicrobial action of sulfathiazole.
List B. The drug should be stored out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C; do not freeze. Shelf life - 2 years.
The drug, supplied in boxes of 400 g, is intended for use in the hospital.
The drug, supplied in tubes of 40 g, is approved for use as a means of non-prescription sale.