ACYCLOVIR PILLS 200MG
ACYCLOVIR PILLS 200MG - 20 tabs
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
1 pill contains Acyclovir 200 or 400 mg;
20, 30 pcs. packaged.
1 g of ointment contains acyclovir 50 mg;
3, 5, 10 or 30 g in tubes.
1 g of ointment contains acyclovir 50 mg;
in tubes of 2, 5 or 20 g; in a pack of cardboard 1 tube.
Mechanism of action
Acyclovir is an antiviral drug, a synthetic analogue of the acyclic purine nucleoside, which has a highly selective effect on herpes viruses. Inside viral infected cells, viral thymidine kinase undergoes a series of consecutive transformations of acyclovir into mono-, di-, and acyclovir triphosphate. Acyclovir triphosphate is inserted into the viral DNA chain and blocks its synthesis through competitive inhibition of viral DNA polymerase. In vitro acyclovir active against Herpes simplex type 1 and 2, Varicella zoster; higher concentrations are required to inhibit Epstein-Barr virus. In vivo acyclovir is therapeutically and prophylactically effective primarily in viral infections caused by Herpes simplex.
Indications and usage
- treatment of infections of the skin and mucous membranes caused by Herpes simplex type 1 and 2, both primary and secondary, including genital herpes;
- prevention of exacerbations of recurrent infections caused by the virus Herpes simplex type 1 and 2 in patients with normal immune status;
- prevention of primary and recurrent infections caused by the Herpes simplex type 1 and 2 virus in patients with immunodeficiency;
- as part of complex therapy in patients with severe immunodeficiency: in HIV infection (AIDS stage, early clinical manifestations and detailed clinical picture) and in patients undergoing bone marrow transplantation;
- treatment of primary and recurrent infections caused by the virus Varicella zoster (chickenpox, shingles).
- hypersensitivity to acyclovir, ganciclovir or drug components;
- lactation period (breastfeeding).
WITH caution the drug should be prescribed for dehydration, renal failure, neurological disorders, incl. in the anamnesis.
Dosage and administration
Dosing regimen set individually depending on the severity of the disease.
In the treatment of infections of the skin and mucous membranes caused by the virus Herpes simplex type 1 and 2, adults and children over 2 years Acyclovir is prescribed 200 mg 5 times / day for 5 days at intervals of 4 hours during the day and with an interval of 8 hours at night. In more severe cases, the disease may increase the course of treatment.
As part of complex therapy for severe immunodeficiency, including with a developed clinical picture of HIV infection (including early clinical manifestations of HIV infection and the AIDS stage), after bone marrow implantation appoint 400 mg 5 times / day.
For the prevention of recurrence of infections caused by the virus Herpes simplex type 1 and 2, patients with normal immune status and with the relapse of the disease prescribed 200 mg 4 times / day every 6 hours
For the prevention of infections caused by the Herpes simplex virus type 1 and 2, adults and children over 2 years with immunodeficiency, the drug is prescribed 200 mg 4 times / day every 6 hours, the maximum dose is 400 mg 5 times / day.
When treating infections caused by the Varicella zoster virus, for adults prescribed 800 mg 5 times / day at intervals of 4 hours during the day and with an interval of 8 hours at night. Duration of treatment is 7-10 days. Children over 2 years old appoint 20 mg / kg of body weight 4 times / day for 5 days, children weighing more than 40 kg the drug is prescribed in the same dosage as an adult.
In the treatment of herpes zoster (Herpes zoster), for adults appoint 800 mg 4 times / day every 6 hours for 5 days. Children over 6 years old - 800 mg 4 times a day; 2-6 years - 400 mg 4 times a day; under 2 years old - 200 mg 4 times a day. More precisely, the dose can be determined at the rate of 20 mg / kg, but not more than 800 mg 4 times / day. The course of treatment is 5 days.
In patients with severe renal impairment (CC)