EFFOX LONG RETARD PILLS 50MG
EFFOX LONG RETARD PILLS 50MG - 30 tabs
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Active ingredient and dosage form
Effox long retard tablets:
1 pill contains isosorbide mononitrate 50 mg,
Excipients: lactose 1H2O; methyl hydroxypropyl cellulose; Calcium hydrogenphosphate 2H2O; MCC; polyvidone; talc; high cyclic partial glyceride; Magnesium stearate; highly dispersed silicon dioxide;
30 pieces packaged.
Mechanism of action
Effox Long has an antianginal, vasodilator, venodilating, arteriodilating effect.
Indications and usage
Prevention of angina attacks in patients with IHD, incl. after myocardial infarction;
chronic heart failure (as part of combination therapy: with cardiac glycosides, diuretics, ACE inhibitors);
pulmonary hypertension (as part of combination therapy).
- Hypersensitivity to the drug and other organic nitrates;
- acute circulatory disorders (shock, vascular collapse);
- cardiogenic shock, if it is not possible to correct the end-diastolic pressure of the left ventricle by intra-aortic counterpulsation or by administering agents that have a positive inotropic effect;
- severe arterial hypotension (SAD <90 mmHg and DAD <60 mmHg, central venous pressure below 4-5 mmHg), hypovolemia;
- simultaneous administration of phosphodiesterase inhibitors, incl. Sildenafil, vardenafil, tadalafil, because they potentiate the hypotensive effect of the drug;
- traumatic brain injury, hemorrhage in the brain (Efox Long);
acute myocardial infarction with severe hypotension;
- Anemia (severe form);
- hereditary intolerance to galactose, lactase deficiency or malabsorption syndrome of glucose and galactose;
- toxic pulmonary edema;
- age up to 18 years (efficacy and safety have not been established).
Dosage and administration
Effox Long is taken orally, after eating, without chewing, with a small amount of liquid (for example, 1 glass of water).
1 pill retard or 1 capsule Effox Long (50 mg) 1 time per day.
Cardiovascular: at the beginning of treatment, a headache (“nitrate headache”) may occur, which usually decreases after a few days of therapy; dizziness, flushing of the skin of the face, sensation of heat, tachycardia. Sometimes at the first dose of Effox Long or after increasing the dose, a decrease in blood pressure and / or orthostatic hypotension is observed, which may be accompanied by a reflex increase in heart rate, lethargy, as well as dizziness and a feeling of weakness. In rare cases, increased angina attacks (paradoxical reaction to nitrates), orthostatic collapse. Cases of collaptoid conditions have been noted, sometimes with bradyarrhythmia and syncope.
From the digestive tract: nausea, vomiting, the appearance of a slight burning sensation of the tongue, dry mouth.
From the side of the central nervous system: stiffness, drowsiness, blurred vision, reduced ability to quickly mental and motor responses (especially at the beginning of treatment). In rare cases - cerebral ischemia.
Allergic reactions: skin rash.
Other: development of tolerance (including cross to other nitrates). To prevent the development of tolerance, continuous intake of high doses of the drug should be avoided. In some cases, exfoliative dermatitis (severe cases of erythema multiforme exudative, common impetigo and toxicoderma).
The use of Effox Long can lead to transient hypoxemia due to the relative redistribution of blood flow in the hypoventilated alveolar segments. This may be the trigger of ischemia in patients with IHD.
Increasing the dose and / or changing the intervals of administration can lead to a decrease or loss of effectiveness.
Keep out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.