Mechanism of action
Acetylsalicylic acid irreversibly inhibits the enzyme cyclooxygenase and selectively reduces the synthesis of thromboxane A2, which leads to a decrease in platelet aggregation and a decrease in blood clotting.
Magnesium hydroxide protects the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, which reduces the risk of side effects.
Absorption and metabolism
After taking the drug inside Acetylsalicylic acid is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The bioavailability of acetylsalicylic acid is about 70%, but this value has significant individual fluctuations due to presystemic hydrolysis in the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract and in the liver with the formation of salicylic acid under the influence of esterases. The bioavailability of salicylic acid is 80-100%.
Magnesium hydroxide (in the applied doses) does not affect the bioavailability of acetylsalicylic acid.
Excreted by the kidneys. T1/2 acetylsalicylic acid is about 15 minutes, and T1/2 salicylic acid - about 3 hours, but with the introduction of very high doses of acetylsalicylic acid (up to 3 g), this figure can increase significantly as a result of saturation of enzyme systems.
Indications and usage
- prevention of thrombosis and embolism;
- prevention of myocardial infarction (including with unstable angina);
- prevention of cerebral circulatory disorders of the ischemic type;
- transient transient cerebral ischemic seizures;
- the postoperative period after surgical interventions on the heart and vessels (including after coronary artery bypass surgery and percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty).
The recommended dose of the drug for adults on the first day of treatment is 150 mg / day, then 75 mg / day.
Maybe: feeling of discomfort in the epigastric region.
- Bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract in history;
- disorders of cerebral circulation according to a hemorrhagic type in the anamnesis;
- hemorrhagic diathesis;
- tendency to bleed;
- bronchial asthma;
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- renal failure;
- I and III trimester of pregnancy;
- lactation (breastfeeding);
- children's and teenage age up to 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid or to salicylates.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
The drug is contraindicated for use in the I and III trimesters of pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
With caution, the drug is prescribed to patients with gastric ulcer history.
The patient should be warned about the need to consult a doctor if any adverse events occur.
For adults, a dose of the drug, corresponding to 150 mg of acetylsalicylic acid per 1 kg of body weight, is dangerous.
Symptoms: tinnitus, reduced hearing acuity, dizziness, increased sweating, anxiety, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting (possibly with blood), increased breathing, increased bleeding time; rarely - a violation of the heart; in rare cases, pulmonary edema.
Treatment: if necessary, conduct symptomatic therapy.
With the use of cardiomagnyl in high doses simultaneously with oral anticoagulants, it is possible to enhance the effect of the latter.
When used together, Cardiomagnyl (in high doses) weakens the uricosuric action of probenecid.
With simultaneous use of cardiomagnyl enhances the effect of chlorpropamide, antiplatelet agents, fibrinolytic agents and weakens the effect of spironolactone.
While taking antacids and Kolestiramin reduce the absorption of acetylsalicylic acid.
The drug should be stored in a place protected from light and moisture and inaccessible to children at a temperature of from 15 ° to 30 ° C. Shelf life - 2 years.
The drug is approved for use as a means of OTC.