MYCOMAX CAPSULES 150MG
MYCOMAX CAPSULES 150MG - 3PCS
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
1 capsule contains Fluconazole 50, 100 or 150 mg;
Excipients: lactose monohydrate, pregelatinized starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, Magnesium stearate, sodium lauryl sulfate;
7, 28, 70 pcs. (50 and 100 mg), 1 or 3 pcs. (150 mg) per pack.
Mechanism of action
Mycomax is an antifungal drug of the triazole group. Selective inhibitor of sterol synthesis in fungal cell membranes.
A drug active against Candida spp., Cryptococcus neoformans, Micosporum spp. and Trichophyton spp., Blastomyces dermatitidis, Coccidioides immitis, Histoplasma capsulatum.
Indications and usage
Treatment and prevention of diseases caused by fluconazole-sensitive fungi:
- cryptococcosis: cryptococcal meningitis, cryptococcal infections of the lungs and skin, prevention of recurrence of cryptococcosis in patients with AIDS, organ transplants or in other cases of immunodeficiency;
- Generalized Candidomycosis: Candidemia, disseminated Candidomycosis and other forms of invasive Candida infections (infections of the abdominal cavity, endocardium, eyes, respiratory and urinary tract);
- Candidomycosis of mucous membranes: oral cavity, pharynx, esophagus and non-invasive bronchopulmonary candidiasis, candiduria;
- vaginal candidiasis - acute or in chronic recurrent form;
- mycoses of the skin, including mycoses of the feet, body, groin; pityriasis versicolor; onychomycosis;
- deep endemic mycoses, including coccidioidomycosis, paracoccidioidomycosis, sporotrichosis and histoplasmosis in patients with normal immunity;
- prevention of fungal infections in patients with malignant neoplasms, which are predisposed to such infections as a result of Chemotherapy with cytostatics or radiation therapy.
Increased sensitivity to the components of the drug; pregnancy; lactation period; simultaneous administration of astemizole, terfenadine, cisapride; children's age up to 3 years (for capsules).
WITH caution the drug should be used in patients with hepatic impairment, with the appearance of a rash during the use of Micomax in patients with superficial fungal infection and invasive / systemic fungal infections, with potentially pro-arrhythmic conditions in patients with multiple risk factors (organic heart disease, electrolyte imbalance, simultaneous drugs that cause arrhythmias).
WITH caution the drug should be used in patients with hepatic and / or renal failure, simultaneously with potentially hepatotoxic drugs, in patients with alcoholism; in children under the age of 6 months (for the drug in the form of syrup).
Dosage and administration
Capsules Mikomaks intended for use in adults and children over the age of 3 years. Capsules should be swallowed whole regardless of the time of eating, drinking plenty of liquids.
The daily dose is 50 - 400 mg, depending on the evidence. The drug is used daily 1 time per day.
From the side of the central nervous system: headache, dizziness.
From the digestive system: change in taste, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, abdominal pain, liver failure (jaundice, hepatitis, increased activity of alkaline phosphatase and aminotransferase, increased bilirubin in the blood, hepatocellular necrosis up to death).
Urogenital: renal failure.
Cardiovascular: an increase in the duration of the QT interval, ventricular flicker / flutter.
Metabolism: hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, hypokalemia, convulsions.
Hemic and lymphatic: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, agranulocytosis.
Dermatologic: alopecia, skin rash.
Allergic reactions: Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, anaphylactoid reactions.
In rare cases, the use of Mikomax was accompanied by a toxic effect on the liver, including and fatal, mainly in patients with serious concomitant diseases. During treatment, it is necessary to monitor the function of the liver. If there are signs of liver damage that may be associated with taking fluconazole, the drug should be discontinued.
Keep out of reach of children, dry, protected from light, at a temperature of from 10 to 25 ° C.